Professional Services Systems Consulting Engineer
This role will work across multiple engineering disciplines.
Work consists of designing, developing, analyzing, troubleshooting and debugging systems, software and solutions for research and/or research development of product, services, and solutions for company s portfolio. Requires a broad knowledge and application of engineering disciplines, methodologies and tools.Responsibilities:
- You will lead multiple project teams of other engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of development across multiple engineering disciplines for complex products, platforms, systems, software, and technology solutions.
- You will manage and expand relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on engineering design and development.
- You will review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality.
- You will provide domain-specific expertise and overall engineering leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities
- You will drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the engineering design organization.
- You will provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using and evaluating appropriate engineering design tools and software packages to design components and solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware, software, and electrical component design.
- Evaluating forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Technologies: Wireless, Switching, Routing, Security and SD-WAN
- Wireless: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, WLAN, Wireless Mesh, RF, Voice over Wireless, Security over Wireless
- Virtualization: OpenStack, ESXI, and VMWare
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Design: Writing application notes, white papers, design documents, reference guides and presentation material
- Hardware : Switches, Routers, IoT (Basic), Wi-Fi (Basic), Bluetooth Low Energy (Basic), Wireless Controller, Access Points, Cape Sensors, Servers, and Ekahau Sidekick;
- Simulation Tools : Wireshark and Ekahau;
- Software : ClearPass, Introspect, Airwave, and Virtual Mobility Master;
- Infra-Services: DHCP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, and NTP; and
- Operating Systems: Windows, Mac and Linux Scripting: Shell Scripting, Python, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Soft Skills: People Skills, Value Selling, Trusted Advisor, Presentation Skills