Job Category: Administrative
Division & Section: Shelter, Support and Housing Administration, Homelessness Initiatives and Prevention Services (HIPS)
Metro Hall – 55 John Street (1 vacancy)
Roehampton Hotel – 808 Mt. Pleasant Road (2 vacancies)Women’s Residence – 674 Dundas Street West (1 vacancy)
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary (approximately 12 months)
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $31.89 – $34.95 per hour, TF0005, Wage Grade 8
Shift Information: Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 4
Posting Period: 07-Oct-2021 to 22-Oct-2021
As the Support Assistant B, you will provide various administrative tasks to senior management staff within the Manager’s portfolio for all sites, including collecting, tracking and processing of various documents. You may also be responsible in collecting and securing approval of unit’s attendance, payroll and/or personnel records including preparation of Contract Release Orders (CRO), Divisional Purchase Orders (DPO) and Purchase Orders (PO) using SAP.
- Perform varied administrative tasks involving the preparation, research, summary and reconciliation of data and the control and expedition of documents, data, revenues and cash
- Prepare and process documents/statistical summaries/reports, etc. Assess and analyze data. Draft and sign correspondence
- Check work for accuracy and conformity with regulations, policy and procedures and correct/resolve outstanding/incorrect items. Identify issues and recommend solutions.
- Perform complex calculations
- Direct, coordinate, schedule and train staff as necessary and directed. Check/verify work of assigned staff
- Operate office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill. Prepare presentation material. Utilize detailed layout and formatting
- Coordinate and maintain complex manual and computerized filing and retrieval system
- Maintain supplies inventories
- Respond to e-mails, telephone and in-person inquiries from senior staff, the public, agencies and other levels of government utilizing in-depth knowledge of procedures, regulations and other related criteria
- Review, accept or reject and track material/applications from external organizations and/or other City Divisions
- Receive and pay out cash/cheques and TTC tickets, controls, monitors and balances petty cash, tickets, prepares bank deposits, withdrawals, reconciliations and processes/checks financial payments. Assist with budget administration for unit
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, events and schedules. Prepare draft agendas and attend meetings, take/transcribe/distribute minutes and provide status report on follow up action items
- Considerable experience with corporate payroll and time entry system (e.g. SAP).
- Considerable experience in administrative and accounting practices in a customer service oriented environment, including experience coordinating and maintaining a record/retrieval system.
- Considerable experience with purchasing and payment in a corporate environment using SAP or equivalent.
- Considerable experience in the preparation and formatting of complex reports, charts, graphs and statistical data using office systems including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint,) and Outlook.
- Exceptional customer service skills with respect to providing accurate information to and communicating with, service providers, the general public and/or staff to address a variety of inquiries.
- Working knowledge of relevant collective agreement provisions and policies related to payroll and time entry matters.
- Sound business mathematics skills and a working knowledge of general statistical techniques and practices with the ability to make involved computations and calculations rapidly and accurately or a working knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to facilitate interaction with management, employees and representatives from external agencies including the general public.
- Ability to prepare detailed correspondence, summaries, statements and documentation requiring the interpretation and application of a wide range of administrative/accounting/payroll practices.
- Ability to set up manual and computerized filing systems in accordance with Corporate Records Management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and under time constraints.
- Ability to work in a social services and human services environment including knowledge of current issues and trends in homelessness, housing and mental health.
- Knowledgeable of crisis intervention and conflict resolution techniques.
- Ability to travel to various sites.
Note: All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.